SIM Terms And Conditions
Global SIM Terms and Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions
Your purchase of United Global SIM and related products and services (Products and Services) is governed by these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, which are a legal agreement between you and United Global SIM Ltd. 1810796 (UGS), together with any additional terms and conditions stipulated from time to time by any Provider.
- All Products and Services supplied are supplied by UGS. United Global SIM Ltd. is a provider of the Products and Services and responsible for arranging the provision of the Products and Services.
- Whilst care is taken to ensure that the descriptions of Products and Services on the United Global SIM Website are accurate, the Products and Services are regularly changed, upgraded and on occasion removed and subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Global SIM Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that United Global SIM cannot guarantee the accuracy of such descriptions.
- Subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, UGS is not liable for any loss or harm which may arise directly or indirectly from any omissions, errors or changes relating to the description of any Products and Services.
- Products and Services are not warranted to be compatible with every make or type of handset nor every network in any country. Before purchasing and/or using any Product or Service you must ensure that your handset is unlocked and is network compatible for the countries in which you wish to use the Product or Service.
- Subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, UGS makes no warranty that any network will be available at any given time or for any given duration.
- SMS rates are based on standard SMS messages which are up to 160 characters long. If you send a text that is more than 160 characters, it will be charged per message rate for each block of 160 characters.
- Subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, refunds will not be given nor Products replaced as a result only of:
(a) a Product not being compatible with a handset or network;
(b) a network was offline for any period; or that
(c) quality of service was poor or unacceptable.
- If you do not use a Service for a period of 90 days, it may expire and the Service may be terminated by UGS and any credit remaining will be forfeited.
- The Global SIM may not support data sharing through your device. This is not warranted and is not compatible with all devices.
- Some Products require user activation and if you have a Product which requires user activation such activation is your responsibility and UGS will not provide a refund or replacement Product in the event that you fail to activate your Product.
- If the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other legislation states that there is a guarantee in relation to any good or service supplied by UGS in connection with these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions and UGS’ liability for failing to comply with that guarantee cannot be excluded but may be limited, then clauses 2, 3, 5, 7 and 12 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions do not apply to that liability and instead UGS’ liability for such failure is limited to (at the election of UGS), in the case of a supply of goods, UGS replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods or repairing the goods, or in the case of a supply of services, UGS supplying the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Except as contemplated by clause 9 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, nothing in these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions is intended to limit your rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other rights you may have and which by law cannot be excluded.
- Subject to clauses 9 and 10 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, UGS may at any time with or without prior notice:
(a) restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to or right to use all or any part of the Site or Services if in the reasonable opinion of UGS such restriction, suspension or termination is necessary; or
(b) establish rules and policies for the use of the Products, Services or Site with which you must comply.
- UGS is not responsible for any loss arising out of any occurrences or conditions beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, defects in vehicles, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule.
- These United Global SIM Terms and Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales.
- If part or all of any clause of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable then it will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible, it will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
Premium Phone Number Charges
Faulty or Damaged Products
- You must check your item on delivery. By signing for and accepting delivery you are confirming the item is in good condition. Subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, UGS can take no responsibility for loss or damage to an item once you have accepted delivery.
- If your item arrives in a faulty or damaged condition then prior to returning please email us to obtain a Returns Authorisation Number by using one of our contact email addresses.
- If the item is faulty or damaged, then we will exchange it at no cost to you.
- You must return the faulty / damaged item in its original envelope and any packaging in order for a claim to be made. If faulty, please include a letter describing the fault.
- Subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, faulty / damaged products must be returned within 14 days of receipt to qualify for a refund.
- All refunds will be made directly to the payee.
- If a manufacturer warranty is applicable to the Product, you then must deal with the manufacturer directly.
- If you have been sent the wrong item, please contact us as soon as possible to arrange for the item to be exchanged.
- Subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, incorrect goods must be reported within 7 days from the date of receipt to qualify for exchange.
- Please note that Incorrect Goods do not include Products purchased which are not compatible with a particular handset or network.
- If you wish to cancel your order prior to Products being dispatched, you will receive a full refund.
- If the Products have been dispatched but not yet delivered then you will be refunded in full less any shipping costs incurred by UGS upon its safe return.
Global SIM Order Refunds
LOST OR STOLEN SIMS
No refunds will be provided for the balance remaining on lost or stolen SIMs. If you have lost or your SIM has been stolen, please contact support immediately and we will disable your SIM and send you a replacement SIM with the remaining balance transferred. A freight and postage fee may apply for the shipment of replacement SIM cards.
If your SIM has expired, you are not eligible for any refunds on your remaining balance and on the cost of your SIM. You must lodge any refund requests prior to your SIM expiry. We will not refund any credit on SIMs that have expired.
INCORRECT SIM SIZE DELIVERED If you have ordered the correct size and we have delivered you the wrong size SIM you are eligible for a refund on the SIM cost. If the credit is unused, we are also able to refund you any credit that you have added to the SIM. Alternatively, we are able to send you a replacement SIM free of charge and transfer your balance to your replacement SIM.
- No refund of the SIM and delivery cost if a Global SIM is purchased through standard mail and not delivered. Any credit purchased can be used or refunded and a replacement SIM card can be sent out free of charge.
- No refund of the SIM and delivery cost if a SIM is purchased through standard mail and is delivered late. Any credit purchased can be used or refunded and a replacement SIM card can be sent out free of charge.
- If a Global SIM is purchased through courier mail and cannot be tracked, you are eligible for a refund on both the SIM and postage cost.
- If a Global SIM is purchased through courier mail and is marked as delivered however, you have not received it; we will send you replacement SIM and block the previous SIM as there may be customer sensitive data attached. Charges may apply for resending.
- If a SIM has been ordered through courier mail and is not delivered within 3 business days, you are eligible for a refund on SIM and delivery costs.
- If service is deemed unusable due to the SIM being damaged or there is a SIM fault on delivery, a full refund of the balance applied by the customer may be issued. Alternatively, we are able to send you a replacement SIM free of charge and transfer your balance to your replacement SIM
- No refunds are issued for any remaining credit that you have on your account that is unused.
- No refunds are issued for credit remaining as a result of user error, such as incorrect dialling format.If a top up has been made 2 days prior to your return date, a refund request for the remaining credit can be placed. This will be investigated on a case-by-case basis. If approved, a $5 processing fee will apply.
- If you have purchased a Global SIM credit voucher, you are only eligible for a refund if there is a SIM error that we cannot resolve in a timely manner. If there is a SIM error we will refund the remaining balance to the person who has purchased the voucher. A refund notice will be sent to voucher purchaser only. No refund will be given to remaining or expired balance on credit voucher.
Network Locked Devices
No refunds are issued for credit remaining if the SIM does not work because the intended handset to be used is network locked to a network. As a customer, when activating the service, you have stated that your device is network unlocked prior to adding credit to the account.
Network Incompatible Devices
No refunds are issued for credit remaining if the SIM does not work because the handset you were using is incompatible. As a customer you need to ensure the handset you are using is compatible with the networks in the country you are travelling to.
We do not provide any compensation payments of any kind. If you have contacted us from another phone such as a hotel phone or your own local mobile we will not compensate your phone charges. We do not compensate you if you have purchased another SIM due to your Global SIM arriving late, not received, faulty or otherwise damaged.
If you have requested a refund that is not within the refund guidelines, you have the right for your request to be investigated. The maximum refund of credit you can apply for must be equal or less than the total amount you have added. No refunds will be issued due to charges from alternate phones, hotel phones or other charges that are not directly linked to your United Global SIM account.
We will investigate your refund request on a case-by-case basis. If your refund is approved, a $5.00 processing fee may apply.Global SIM will only provide refunds as gesture of goodwill only.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your balance is maintained at a level which enables you to access the features you require. You will receive an automatic credit amount SMS after each call that you make. This will show you the cost of your call and
your current balance. Please note that your credit balance may not be accurate when your data services is switched on. Your credit usage tracking is available online by logging in to your account. Note: the minimum balance you require get to access data is
$5.00 and your data balance may take up to 24 hours to update.
Data Pack Terms and Conditions
Our data packs are broken up into zones. The higher the zone purchased, the more zones it will work in. Each zone is made up of a number of countries. To check the countries of each zone please go to https://www.unitedglobalsim.com/en/Shop/ProductsList?cat=DataPack
. If you purchase a Zone 2 data pack you will be able to use the data pack in both Zone 1 and Zone 2 countries. If you purchase a Zone 3 data pack, you will be able to use your data pack in all zones. Not all countries that we support data in will be part
of a zone.
If you use data services outside of the zone you have purchased you will be charged the pay as you go rate. E.g. If you have purchased a Zone 1 data pack and travel to Malaysia (Zone 2), the pay as you go rate ($0.35) will apply. Data packs will be active for 30 days from purchase date. Any remaining balance left on your data pack will expire 30 days after date of purchase. You must enable data roaming and have our data settings set up on your device to access data on your Global SIM. There are no refunds for remaining balance or incorrect data set up.
Data Pack Refunds
Remaining and or expired balance
- You are not eligible for any refunds on the remaining balance on your data pack or if your data pack has expired.
SIM Errors- No refunds will be given to unused data packs unless there is a SIM error that we cannot resolve in a timely manner. If there is a SIM error that blocks you from accessing data using your data pack, you will be eligible for a refund on your remaining data pack balance.
Recharge (Top Up) Terms and Conditions
- Top Up is a recurring payment method that enables you to manually recharge your prepaid United Global SIM account (Service) by an amount that you request.
- Top Up is governed by these Terms and Conditions which are a legal agreement between you and United Global SIM Ltd. (UGS). Despite the use of the United Global SIM brand, United Global SIM Global SIM is not the provider of the Top Up service or responsible for arranging the Top Up service to be provided.
- Please read these Terms carefully. You should understand that by completing the registration process you agree to be bound by these Terms.
- UGS reserves the right to amend or vary these Terms and Conditions or to withdraw the Top Up payment method at any time on reasonable notice.
- To top up your Service with a credit card, UGS may require you to register your credit card details and to provide proof of identity as required by law. UGS may place a maximum or minimum credit limit on each transaction or on your Service.
Terms and Conditions
- UGS will send you an SMS within 24 hours of taking a payment from your account following a Top Up.
- Subject to paragraph E above, you may elect to automatically top up your Service on a specific day each month or when your Service reaches a certain credit balance. You must ensure you have sufficient credit on your Service to cover usage for 72 hours in case the automatic Top Up is delayed. UGS is not liable to you for any delay in your Service being automatically recharged or if for technical reasons the Top Up does not take place.
- You can change the credit/debit card that is debited by contacting UGS customer services on 1300 299 698 (for calls from Australia) or +61 9003 9555 (for calls made from other countries). If your credit or debit card details change at any time, you must notify UGS immediately. If you do not do this, payments to your pre-paid account will fail and your balance will not be topped up. Please note that changes will take at least 24 hours to process.
- By completing the Top Up registration process you confirm that the credit/debit card being used is yours. Your credit/debit card will be subject to validation checks and authorisation by your card issuer. Your details will be passed to third parties for the purposes of carrying out these checks and reporting any fraudulent activity. UGS will send you an email payment has failed. UGS is not responsible for your card issuer charging you as a result of it processing your credit/debit card payment.
- UGS and its agents will use the information that you have supplied for the Top Up service to process the payments that you have authorised, including carrying out the authorisation and validation processes set out above.
- UGS is entitled to suspend or terminate your Top Up registration at any time for any reason and will give you reasonable notice of this where possible.
- In the event that you lose your phone or have it stolen, you must contact UGS customer services on 1300 299 698 (for calls from Australia) or +61 2 9003 9555 (for calls made from other countries) to report this and to disable Top Up. Once you have your new phone / replacement you will need to re-activate your Top Up by calling UGS customer services on 1300 299 698 (for calls from Australia) or +61 9003 9555 (for calls made from other countries).
- Service is subject to the United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, a copy of which can be found on the United Global SIM web site at www.unitedglobalsim.com Where there is any inconsistency between these Top Up Terms and Conditions, and the United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, the latter will prevail.
In some circumstances, credit may be included with the purchase of, or the ordering of a SIM. This credit is included into the price of the SIM. In the case of the SIM being ordered for free, this Included Credit is also included for free. The SIM and Included Credit in these circumstances are governed by the same Expiry Terms and Conditions. Included Credit is non-refundable and you are eligible for a refund of the SIM cost under the Terms and Conditions outlined under Global SIM Order Refunds.