Your purchase of United Global SIM and related products and services (Products and Services) is governed by these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, which are a legal agreement between you and United Global SIM Ltd. 1810796 (UGS), together with any additional terms and conditions stipulated from time to time by any Provider.
(a) a Product not being compatible with a handset or network;
(b) a network was offline for any period; or that
(c) quality of service was poor or unacceptable.
(a) restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to or right to use all or any part of the Site or Services if in the reasonable opinion of UGS such restriction, suspension or termination is necessary; or
(b) establish rules and policies for the use of the Products, Services or Site with which you must comply.
LOST OR STOLEN SIMS
No refunds will be provided for the balance remaining on lost or stolen SIMs. If you have lost or your SIM has been stolen, please contact support immediately and we will disable your SIM and send you a replacement SIM with the remaining balance transferred. A freight and postage fee may apply for the shipment of replacement SIM cards.
If your SIM has expired, you are not eligible for any refunds on your remaining balance and on the cost of your SIM. You must lodge any refund requests prior to your SIM expiry. We will not refund any credit on SIMs that have expired.
- No refund of the SIM and delivery cost if a Global SIM is purchased through standard mail and not delivered. Any credit purchased can be used or refunded and a replacement SIM card can be sent out free of charge.
- No refund of the SIM and delivery cost if a SIM is purchased through standard mail and is delivered late. Any credit purchased can be used or refunded and a replacement SIM card can be sent out free of charge.
- If a Global SIM is purchased through courier mail and cannot be tracked, you are eligible for a refund on both the SIM and postage cost.
- If a Global SIM is purchased through courier mail and is marked as delivered however, you have not received it; we will send you replacement SIM and block the previous SIM as there may be customer sensitive data attached. Charges may apply for resending.
- If a SIM has been ordered through courier mail and is not delivered within 3 business days, you are eligible for a refund on SIM and delivery costs.
- If service is deemed unusable due to the SIM being damaged or there is a SIM fault on delivery, a full refund of the balance applied by the customer may be issued. Alternatively, we are able to send you a replacement SIM free of charge and transfer your balance to your replacement SIM
- No refunds are issued for any remaining credit that you have on your account that is unused.
- No refunds are issued for credit remaining as a result of user error, such as incorrect dialling format.If a top up has been made 2 days prior to your return date, a refund request for the remaining credit can be placed. This will be investigated on a case-by-case basis. If approved, a $5 processing fee will apply.
- If you have purchased a Global SIM credit voucher, you are only eligible for a refund if there is a SIM error that we cannot resolve in a timely manner. If there is a SIM error we will refund the remaining balance to the person who has purchased the voucher. A refund notice will be sent to voucher purchaser only. No refund will be given to remaining or expired balance on credit voucher.
Network Locked Devices
No refunds are issued for credit remaining if the SIM does not work because the intended handset to be used is network locked to a network. As a customer, when activating the service, you have stated that your device is network unlocked prior to adding credit to the account.
Network Incompatible Devices
No refunds are issued for credit remaining if the SIM does not work because the handset you were using is incompatible. As a customer you need to ensure the handset you are using is compatible with the networks in the country you are travelling to.
We do not provide any compensation payments of any kind. If you have contacted us from another phone such as a hotel phone or your own local mobile we will not compensate your phone charges. We do not compensate you if you have purchased another SIM due to your Global SIM arriving late, not received, faulty or otherwise damaged.
If you have requested a refund that is not within the refund guidelines, you have the right for your request to be investigated. The maximum refund of credit you can apply for must be equal or less than the total amount you have added. No refunds will be issued due to charges from alternate phones, hotel phones or other charges that are not directly linked to your United Global SIM account.
We will investigate your refund request on a case-by-case basis. If your refund is approved, a $5.00 processing fee may apply.Global SIM will only provide refunds as gesture of goodwill only.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your balance is maintained at a level which enables you to access the features you require. You will receive an automatic credit amount SMS after each call that you make. This will show you the cost of your call and
your current balance. Please note that your credit balance may not be accurate when your data services is switched on. Your credit usage tracking is available online by logging in to your account. Note: the minimum balance you require get to access data is
$5.00 and your data balance may take up to 24 hours to update.
Our data packs are broken up into zones. The higher the zone purchased, the more zones it will work in. Each zone is made up of a number of countries. To check the countries of each zone please go to https://www.unitedglobalsim.com/en/Shop/ProductsList?cat=DataPack
. If you purchase a Zone 2 data pack you will be able to use the data pack in both Zone 1 and Zone 2 countries. If you purchase a Zone 3 data pack, you will be able to use your data pack in all zones. Not all countries that we support data in will be part
of a zone.
If you use data services outside of the zone you have purchased you will be charged the pay as you go rate. E.g. If you have purchased a Zone 1 data pack and travel to Malaysia (Zone 2), the pay as you go rate ($0.35) will apply. Data packs will be active for 30 days from purchase date. Any remaining balance left on your data pack will expire 30 days after date of purchase. You must enable data roaming and have our data settings set up on your device to access data on your Global SIM. There are no refunds for remaining balance or incorrect data set up.
Data Pack Refunds
Remaining and or expired balance
- You are not eligible for any refunds on the remaining balance on your data pack or if your data pack has expired.
SIM Errors- No refunds will be given to unused data packs unless there is a SIM error that we cannot resolve in a timely manner. If there is a SIM error that blocks you from accessing data using your data pack, you will be eligible for a refund on your remaining data pack balance.
Terms and Conditions
In some circumstances, credit may be included with the purchase of, or the ordering of a SIM. This credit is included into the price of the SIM. In the case of the SIM being ordered for free, this Included Credit is also included for free. The SIM and Included Credit in these circumstances are governed by the same Expiry Terms and Conditions. Included Credit is non-refundable and you are eligible for a refund of the SIM cost under the Terms and Conditions outlined under Global SIM Order Refunds.